Public Advisory Committee
PAC Members Needed (NEW)
The Conservancy is seeking four (4) individuals or organization representatives to serve on the Public Advisory Committee to provide input on the implementation of the Plan to the Conservancy's Governing Board. The current vacancies are for:
- 1 private permit seeker from the development community
- 1 representative from the conservation community
- 1 private landowner and/or agriculturalist (or their representatives)
- 1 suburban or rural resident from the Plan Area
For more information, view the application materials. Applications are due by August 1st, 2023 at 5 p.m.
The Habitat Conservancy established and appointed a public advisory committee to solicit input from stakeholders with interest in Plan implementation. The Public Advisory Committee reports directly to the Conservancy Governing Board. Committee members are drawn from a variety of interest groups, including conservation advocacy organizations, landowner groups, and development interests.
The Public Advisory Committee provides input to the Conservancy Governing Board and staff on all aspects of Plan implementation, with an emphasis on the following topics:
- Expenditure of funds for habitat conservation measures
- The general permit issuance process (but not project-by-project input on permits)
- Operation of preserves and adaptive management
- Adherence to plan commitments (e.g., no surprises, neighboring landowner protections)
The Public Advisory Committee (PAC) usually meets the second Thursday of every third month.